Saturday 29 June 2013

We're in Vanuatu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


To be above the clouds is a blessing. Life is so simple up here. It’s refreshing to look down at the earth and see what our Maker sees. As the world is below our feet, we’ve journeyed about 2 hours to a country called Vanuatu to love, to serve, and to equip the people here on how to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Although it’s been a tiring day of travels, it has also been restful as we are now acclimating into the plans that are set for this week while we are here in Port Vila.

Each new day that the Lord blesses me with, I learn more about how this gift of life truly is so precious. For the past week, I have been surrounded by such devout brothers and sisters who are furiously in love with our King. I have been so overwhelmed by God’s goodness, as I am a part of this body in unison with everyone, through Christ Jesus. And how amazing is it that we are from all over the world! Their faces are truly beautiful, and we met even more today as we joined together with a team of Aussies that are from Fig Tree Anglican Church.

I have seen how largely powerful this is as the Lord has shown me in such a clear, transparent way in my mind. He has individually hand picked each one of us to be here, out of the whole entire world. To be underneath one roof, to join hands and come together, intertwined in His irrevocable love, to sing in one voice,  songs of praise to our beautiful, most wonderful Creator.


            As we joined together to learn a little bit about each other and to go over some logistics and study of Mark, we then went into a time of prayer and worship. In Mark 1:16-20 and 2:13-17, we discussed how God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things for His Kingdom. And that is what we are. Ordinary people that the Lord has called to do extraordinary things for Him. Not by our own works or our own doing, but by His power.


The Lord has been teaching me about trust and what that looks like to completely, 110% have faith in Him. He has been speaking to me through Isaiah 12.

“You will say in that day:
‘I will give thanks to you, O LORD,
for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.
“Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
For the Lord God is my strength and my song,
And He has become my salvation.”
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day:
Give thanks to the LORD,
call upon His name,
make known His deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that His name is exalted.
“Sing praises to the LORD, for He has done gloriously;
let this be made known in ALL the earth.
Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
For great is your midst is the Holy One of Israel.”


Please pray for God to be doing big things here while we are in Vanuatu. Pray that He may use us to make known His deeds among the people of Vanuatu, to actively proclaim that His name is exalted above all else. That He may open eyes and hearts to His loving kindness and that salvation may be unleashed into these peoples hearts. That they may be able to feel his thick, tangible love that He has for them. 

- Sabrina Orr






1 comment: