Tuesday 9 July 2013

Being a fisher of men

Hello this is Mesek from Vanuatu! (helping me write my post today is Sarah)

Today we had lots of time in prayer groups. Pastor Nakiti shared the morning devotion, and it encouraged me to take the role seriously of being a fisher of men. Last week the clinic in Pango village opened my spiritual eyes and helped me to share my faith. And today I understood more the importance of witnessing. Maba also shared about village life in Fiji which was interesting, and Sarah taught us a bit of Fijian language such as "vinaka vaka levu" which means thank you very much.

During our reflection of today's Called and Accountable unit, I was challenged by many things. I really like what it said about when God calls us to Himself through salvation He also calls us on a mission to with Him to share the Gospel.

This afternoon the president of EE International spoke to us. He had great stories to share about his testimony of coming to know Jesus through EE and how EE has impacted his life and others. It was surprising and moving to hear his stories of going out on OJT and seeing God move in powerful ways.

I will conclude with this Bible passage 2 Timothy 4:6-8 which we discussed today.
"For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to be but also to al who have loved his appearing."

Tank yu tu mas! God i blessem yu! (Thank you and God bless in Bislama)
Mesek

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mesek for your testimony. I was very moved by your story and how God has transformed you. God bless you as you return to Vanuatu to share the gospel in your country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mesek. It was great to read your reflections today. I absolutely love that verse - may it be all our testimonies as we await going home to be with our amazing Lord and Saviour for eternity.

    May God give you the opportunities and courage each day in the future in sharing your faith and training others and may we also be challenged to do so.

    God Bless you also. Love Rob and Karen Royters (Nathan's parents in Australia!)

    ReplyDelete