Saturday 3 August 2013

New Chapters

"So this is what time travel feels like..." Charlene pondered this afternoon, as we had flown out of Fiji and landed in America at an earlier time than we had left. 
How do I sum up this trip? It has been some of the best days and the worst of my entire life. I built some amazing relationships, and met some of the best, most wonderful, genuine Christian brothers and sisters that challenged me in my walk with God, and set the bar so high! Wow. 

so what will I miss the most about being here? Well, the music is one. There are so many musical people here, Dan, Gideon, Cheryl, Nathan, Sabrina! The list goes on. There was always wonderful music echoing throughout the center. 
Along those same lines, the morning song! The "morning song" is an event, in which around 7:00 every morning, Langdon would find a special song and blast it loudly through the speakers to wake up everyone in the house (and probably all the neighbors!) That were still asleep. It always made me smile!
And what about the weird conversations? We did talk about anything and everything, but there is 2 conversations that we would have repeatedly, a) the conditions of our bowel movements and b) how much Garrett and Neil Patrick Harris look alike. 
We also learned to do the authentic Fijian mecca, which was this super cool island dance. It was so much fun to do!!
Well, weird things do happen here, that we'll probably never forget, or talk about again!
But, in all seriousness. We did get to do amazing things while we were here. We got to run a clinic in Latoka, spend a weekend at a legit Fijian village, spend a week in Vanuatu, visit 3 different beaches, snorkel, swim down a waterfall, (what?) learn the different EE methods, paint a church, run a youth rally, become friends with locals, share the gospel, teach, dance, eat exciting food, go to the Hindi temple, the list goes on. 
It was such a blessing to be able to be exposed to so much of the exciting culture of both Fiji, and Vanuatu, meet and share with so many different type of people, as well as just be able to experience a handful of different types of cultures right inside of our own center.
Seeing people grow right  before our eyes, find out more about themselves and God, and transform was amazing. Seeing God work in tangible ways like through prayer was so incredible and built my faith so much. I was so encouraged by the prayer groups, and devotions and studies led by interns. 

Leaving yesterday was so hard! I will miss all of these amazing men and women so dearly! The group just wouldn't have been the same without each and every one of them contributing their unique personality right where it fitted. I pray that we all meet again very soon. Until then, everyone will be so in my prayers, and I am so excited to see how God will use us all in his kingdom.
What's next? I don't know! I close this chapter of the internship saying that I was so blessed by everyone on this trip, even in the little ways, through their good attitudes, encouragement, quirkiness, zeal for God, exhortation. Some people have clear direction from God on where he is taking them in their lives, and others are just willing to wait on him. I have been so blessed to have had this six weeks of just people pouring into me, our great leaders, Langdon, Sarah and Maba, Nakiti and Ima, John, Rod, and all the rest, and the oppurtunities they put together for us were so amazing! I look forward to soon hearing stories about God's work in and through us because of this short time that we all had here in Fiji together.





In  Him, 
Hannah Eileen Dolence
Portland, Oregon







No comments:

Post a Comment