Sunday 21 July 2013

Praise God for Sundays! This morning we all went together to an international church. People from all different nations gathered together in one place to glorify Him…nothing better!

Before the preaching, Cristian and Jing had an opportunity to give a short testimony. This was such an encouragement to everyone! The pastor then spoke on discernment and the importance of fasting. After the service finished we talked with the local church members and ate some Roti together.

After church we all went to get lunch and then came back to the center for quiet time with the Lord. We are all trying to seek God and prepare for the week ahead of us. We are putting on a clinic starting tomorrow so we know that first we must rest in Him and get our hearts in the right place. We did this tonight by team worship and adoration prayer. We also listened to a lesson about taking responsibility for our actions by Andy Stanley.

So today was a day of worship, preparation, and rest.

For me, this internship has clarified my purpose in life: know God and make Him known. Up until now I only really cared about the first part of that. The Lord is showing me how important it is to make Him known to others. I know God. I know the creator of the universe. I have someone who will never leave me or not want me. Share that! On this trip is the first time that I have ever shared the whole gospel with someone and it gave me so much joy. I felt fulfilled. In 1 Peter 2: 18-19 it says:

“For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.”


Before God, I had such an empty way of life. Once God opened my heart to know Him, my way of life changed. God redeemed me from that empty life. By Jesus’s death he saved us from emptiness so we could have life to the full. He knew the value of an abundant life! He filled me with joy, purpose, and peace instead. We all have such a great purpose in God. Come to Him and find out for yourself! 

Alex Geesey with Adina Baciu as co-pilot
U.S.A and Romania


Me, Adina, and Hannah while waiting for our ride back home

 Cristian sharing his testimony
Langdon introducing our team

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Alex for sharing. I love that church and missed being there this Sunday. The worship leader has a a God given gift to lead the congregation. Praying that the Clinic is all going well and that God is touching many lives.

    ReplyDelete